When: August 18-19 2017
Where: Kattisavan Camping, Lycksele municipality, Sweden.
Competition area: Umeälven within Kattisavan and Blåvikens FVO.
Two classes: Kayak and boat
Each team consists of two participants. The organizer is entitled to combine the two competing classes into one.
700 SEK per team. To be paid on location, cash or Swish.
Final day to register/unregister: Monday Aug 14th.
In case of cancellation after 14/8 (- from 15/8), there will be no refund of the registration fee.
Accommodation /Award dinnner: Kattisavans Camping (shared accommodation)
Mention Lapland Pike while booking your accommodation to receive a discount.
Book and pay directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone number: 070-270 46 68
Overnight stay (shared accommodation) with shower WC, incl. bed linen and final cleaning: 400 SEK/night /person
Overnight stay in 2-bed cottage (shared accommodation) WITHOUT shower/WC, incl. bed linen and final cleaning: 300 SEK /night
Award dinner / “After fish” Saturday 19/8: Dinner and dessert, incl. light beer and coffee: 185 SEK/person
- Spinning and fly fishing, from boat or kayak.
- Trolling, angling and trawling is not allowed.
- One rod per participant and only artificial lures.
- Catch and release is required.
- Please use a landing net or lipgrip (gaff or similar is prohibited).
Prices/Class: 50% of the total registration fee is awarded to best team and about 7000 SEK of prices to best individual effort.
Accepted measurements: Minimum of 70 cm in length (27.5 inches).
Results: Add up the centimeters of the team’s longest 5 pikes.
Registered fish: A catch must be entered into the catch journal and there needs to be a photo that clearly depicts that size of the fish against the provided measuring board.
Measurement: The fish’s mouth is placed along the measurement board edge (measurement board is provided) to the tip of tail. The measurement scale needs to be clearly visible. Only clear photo / measurement / record of the pike will count.
Team: Maximum of two individuals per team. Kayak teams may consists of two single kayaks or two people in one tandem kayak.
Team responsibility: Bring a smartphone or a digital camera with a blank memory card and private data cable for transferring images.
- Life jackets are mandatory!
- Maximum of 5 knots / 30 m distance when passing another boat or kayak.
- No alcohol consumption whatsoever during the fishing competition.
- Consideration and respect must be shown for fishing regulations and participating teams.
- Contestants are responsible for their own insurance.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the participant safety during the competition or transport to /from the competition area.
Friday Aug 18 2017
1 PM Review of rules at Kattisavan Camping. Participants will be provided with a measurement board.
2 PM Start anywhere within the Umeälven competition area (see map). Contestants are free to launch/move vehicle on land/water before and during competition.
7 PM End of Day 1. Return to Kattisavan camping. Submission of images and catch journal entries from Day 1.
9 PM Meet Johan and Fredrik from the podcast “Fiskekompisen” (“The Fishing Buddy”). Pub Night.
Saturday Aug 19 2017
9 AM Start Day 2.
5 PM End of Day 2. Return to Kattisavan Camping. Submission of images and catch journal entries from Day 2.
7 PM Award ceremony: The best team and best individual effort.